From hurricanes to tornadoes, buildings in Louisiana withstand extreme weather throughout the year. That’s why it’s important for homeowners and commercial building owners to invest in quality roofing. When the time comes for repairs, it’s also essential to quickly fix any issues before further damage occurs.
Here at Rain Tight Roofing, our team handles a variety of roof repairs, such as post-hurricane damage, fixing leaks, and more. We’re sharing some of the most common types of roof repairs that Louisiana residents should be aware of:
Roof repairs after hurricanes
Hurricane season in Louisiana can be brutal, especially in the southern region of the state. And between the heavy winds and rain, roofs take quite a beating during major storms. After a hurricane, homes and commercial buildings are often left with significant roofing damage.
Our experts frequently make the following roof repairs after hurricanes:
- Replacing shingles: Although shingles are sturdy and built to withstand storms, extreme conditions can knock them loose. They should be replaced immediately to prevent leaks and further damage.
- Repairing split or broken shingles: When temperatures quickly increase or decrease, this can cause shingles to suddenly expand or contract, leading to cracks. Split or broken shingles should also be replaced as soon as possible so that the innermost layers of your roof are protected.
- Fixing leaks: Existing cracks and other vulnerable spots on your roof can be made worse by hurricanes. Since water can travel through pipes and other parts of the roof, it’s not always easy for homeowners to determine the source of the leak. Whether your roof has a big or small leak, it’s imperative to get it fixed right away. Ongoing leaks can lead to structural damage that is costly to repair.
Roof restoration after tornado damage
In addition to hurricanes, Louisiana is also prone to tornadoes. These extreme weather events can cause significant damage to roofs. Our team is often called to handle the following roof repairs after tornadoes:
- Replacing flashing: Roof flashing is a thin material, usually made from galvanized steel, that offers protection for your roof. It’s installed in areas where heavy water runoff occurs, such as around vents, skylights, and wherever the roof hits a vertical plane. High winds can damage flashing and leave your roof vulnerable.
- Structural repairs or roof replacement: Falling debris can cause significant damage to roofs. If there is a puncture, this can cause further structural damage to the walls and ceiling. You can’t always prevent this type of damage, but it’s a good idea to have your roof inspected before tornado season to strengthen vulnerable areas.
Roof repairs for general wear and tear
It’s normal for roofs to sustain general wear and tear over time, even when they’re not subjected to extreme weather. We frequently handle routine roof repairs for Louisiana residents, including:
- Cleaning and/or reattaching gutters.
- Resealing the V-shaped “valleys” on roofs.
- Wood rot repair and replacement.
- Soffit and fascia repair.
- Shingle replacement.
Need roof repairs in Louisiana? Contact our experts
The team at Rain Tight Roofing offers a wide range of roofing services for both residential and commercial buildings. Whether you need roof repairs or a full roof replacement, we can help. Contact us today to get a free quote and inspection.